Wednesday, July 15, 2015

April 3, 2015 We're a Long Way from Flint Creek!

My visit with Andrea ...


My travels took me south from Chapel Hill North Carolina to Georgia.  I mapped out the drive to Cumming, Georgia, which is just north and a little west of Atlanta.  I recently reconnected with a friend and neighbor and her husband, Andrea and Rich DeLuca.  The subdivision we lived in back in Illinois was called Flint Creek, in Barrington, Illinois.  During my visit Andrea and I both discussed what a special place Flint Creek was, how friendly it was, how fun for the adults to socialize and the children to make friends in the neighborhood.

Andrea and Rick were gracious hosts and I enjoyed my visit with them so much.  Not only was it fun to see the suburban Atlanta Georgia area where they lived, it was fantastic to have time to sit and talk about our families and shared times in Barrington.

Andrea and I slipped away for lunch one afternoon and enjoyed a little shopping in Alpharetta.  She introduced me to Kendra Scott jewelry, I made a little purchase and and we meandered along the shopping center and found a place to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a glass of wine - and LOTS of chatter!




Do I have to tell you how wonderful it was to walk outside and enjoy the warm sunshine in the middle of MARCH???  Oh, yea!

Now if the DeLuca's wanted to, they could offer their guest "suite" as a B&B or VRBO shared suite!  This is located on the second floor of their home, complete with private bathroom and sitting room.  Rich has an office in a bedroom on this floor as well.
Campana - yummy dinner!
The guest room!


The three of us went for dinner the second night I was visiting.  Conversation never stopped.   It was so fun to hear about grown up Talia and Jared. And of course I had lots to say about my boys. 

You would never know it had been YEARS since our last visit!

Okay, we promised to keep in touch more often - and I'm thrilled at that idea.  They travel around the country from time to time and have family in the New England area and I know I'll be back down in the southern part of the country again - so we WILL meet again!  Here are a few wise words displayed in their home:




I would be remiss if I didn't include a picture of the beautiful home I arrived to.  Lovely subdivision, check out the porch....I didn't get to enjoy that but hope on the next visit we can sit outside and enjoy more of their southern hospitality.  Thank you, Andrea and Rich!


Second Floor balcony




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!