Monday, July 13, 2015

April 17, 2015 A Day on Pier 39 with Carol

What a fun reunion I had with a friend from high school days in Toms River, New Jersey!

Carol and I met thru our dates at Admiral Farragut Academy, a naval prep school in Toms River.  She was dating Dave and I was dating Dick.  Oh my...our reunion brought back some great days of long ago.  

We have stayed in touch over the years and our lives have taken lots of twists and turns.  We both married, had children and divorced.  Carol is now living out in the bay area near her son.  When I realized I would be in California for a number of days and would have extra time because the boys would be working - I immediately contacted Carol to see if we could get together.  

Is there a more perfect place than San Francisco's Pier 39?  

Nooooooooooooo ~

So, Carol's lovely daughter in law drove her in to the city to Tim's apartment where we met.  I loved meeting her two adorable granddaughters, and off to Pier 39 we went.  Carol and I broke away as the girls had another agenda in mind for the day so we had an entire - beautiful - day to enjoy together.  We walked up and down the pier, stopped to enjoy the sea lions more than once, and found a place at the end of the pier for lunch.  Sitting in the window we were entertained by a sea lion roaming around and lots of boats touring the bay.  

There was a lot of catching up to do.  I hope we can get together again soon!


We arrived early in the morning, before the crowds!  It was super!



This spot was visited more than once during the day...so fun to see (and hear) the sea lions!

Love, love, love San Francisco!  My happy place for sure!


Friends going back ... (do I dare say?) 45+ years!!!!

I want to go back!

Entertainment from our window at lunch

Looking out from the Pier - notice Coit Tower off in the distance.

Lots of girl talk...we sat for a couple hours yakkkkkking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!