Thursday, May 21, 2015

My Moraga (CA) Friend-Pam



Pam Pocklington and I were good friends many years ago when I lived in California.  We were friends during the ten years that I lived in California.  Pam was busy raising four children - I was busy raising 3.  Our paths crossed often during school, church or sports activities.  Pam and I would steal away once in a while for girl time.  My family and I moved away to Illinois (where Pam's mother lived) and we stayed in touch.

During the last couple of years that I lived in Moraga, I took a job supervising young people delivering newspapers for the local paper - the Contra Costa Times.  Michael had a paper route in the neighborhood. We would get up at 5:30 am when the papers were delivered to our door, Mike would sort them, fold them and stack them in his carrier bag and head out on his bicycle.  Some mornings I drove him in the family station wagon-he would sit on the back and throw the papers to the porch.  I was a weekend supervisor for the newspaper and supervised Mike and about 15 other local youth carriers.

Pam joined me as a supervisor at the newspaper...we made a few more memories together working part time.

On my travel adventure this year to California I was fortunate that Pam was in town and we were able to spend two full days together.  I took the BART train from San Francisco to Orinda where she picked me up.
Yes, a selfie....

The view from the Orinda BART train station, love the green hills!


Pam and I spent the day in Danville, California, walking around the town and enjoying lunch.

The following week I took the train out of the city again and we met in Orinda for a second visit.  We had plans to drive to Tiburon, a coastal town located north of San Francisco.  Very scenic little town along the bay.  After Pam picked me up at the Orinda train station, we traveled along the San Pablo Reservoir  along San Pablo Dam Road, over the Richmond San Rafael Bridge, past San Quentin to Tiburon.

The hills were barely green in some spots...def a water shortage!

Along the San Pablo Dam


Richmond San Rafael bridge

Views like this...took my breath away!

The bay near Tiburon

Our lunch stop...

Imagine living in one of these?

Downtown Tiburon





Thank you, Pam!  It was so fun to see you and spend time with you again!  Can't wait to do it again!

Local color...
Happy traveler!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!